Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh wow, nearly three months since my last blog post. So much for motivation! I should have made it a New Years resolution to at least blog weekly. Guess I couldn't bear to add to my list of things I most likely won't follow through with.

Yesterday my family went to see Avatar. It's true, the visual effects were stunning and mind boggling. It's also true that the story line was weak. I saw no point to making Grace's character smoke. More portrayal of the ugly Americans. I did feel the conflict though...what would you choose? To be an independent thinker? To follow the pack? To be the ultimate traitor? I don't have any answers, only questions. I can't help but wonder if Jake would have still made the same choice if he hadn't had the knowledge that it was possible for him to be whole again. Take that out of the equation and I think he might have made a different choice. So did he make his choice based on morality or selfishness? I can't help but think it was for self. I did love all the neon hyper glow stuff though! Maybe I do wanna be blue...