Thursday, January 14, 2010

Took on a cake project today for next month that I'm hoping won't bite me in the ass. It's a 3D building. I've done some 3D cakes before, even a building - and it was on a much bigger scale, but this one worries me. The building I did before was a QuikTrip store. This is another QT building but it hasn't even been built. All I have to go by are the architectural drawings, yikes! On the store I had pictures, architectural plans with dimensions and detailed drawings of all the signs that I was able to scale down and reduce on the ol' printer. I could go actually look at the store for any details that I wasn't sure about. Not gonna happen on this one! To make for an even more nerve wracking experience this cake is for the dude who designed the building and his QT cohorts. Cake buildings aren't like your normal cake. No rounded edges, no flowers to cover any possible mistakes. Only clean cut edges and crisp details. Double yikes! Send me some positive vibes people!